World of Wrestling Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Wrestling Forums

The Best Damn Wrestling Forum Out There.Talk about wrestling and come join our efed USW alongside UWC

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guide to Competting in UWC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prototype
Young talent
Young talent

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Guide to Competting in UWC Empty
PostSubject: Guide to Competting in UWC   Guide to Competting in UWC Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:07 am

(This was written by AJ who is known as JIm Rourke in SFW)

Hey, it's your old pal AJ here, and with the recent influx of new members, then having very few of them actually wrestling, i tried to figure out why. a thought crossed my mind that some may not even know how. in short, i produced this short guide to help the beginner on their road to championship glory.

before I start off, there is one rule i would like to stress.

ONLY JOIN UWC IF YOU INTEND TO COMPETE

okay? now, onto the guide.

1. Your Character: here at UWC, we do allow our wrestlers to join a second brand if the second brand is USW. this leads our members to create their own, unique characters. that being said... sometimes, i find that a lot of people seem to have come down with the Stone Cold Syndrome. what that means is that you try to be "so bad that you're cool" while this is okay for one or two, if it is an entire corporation of Austin clones, then the quality tends to suffer.

2. Faces and Heels: yes, it is fun to be the bad guy, but there is an old saying. "A Deamon isn't a Deamon without an Angel" or, in other words, without good, there is no evil. some of you can be good guys. you all don't have to be the vilest, nastiest creatures on earth

3. improvement: everyone isn't the best starting out, unless you have prior experience of at least three months. i was that way myself. but wit time and effort, you will improve. read others posts, especially the ones by me, Hawkwind, Tommy Polo, The Franchise and The Dragon. these people have the most experience here, and if you take cues from them, and integrate them into your character, improvement will be easier.

4. Your Style: here is something that is a little more abstract, but i should throw it in anyway. you will develop a particular style as you go along. usually, you develop it so much that you don't think about it anymore. Your Style is the way your character walks and talks, how he moves and how he thinks. for example, my guy is 6 feet, 8 inches tall, and an excess of 300 pounds. he has ONE aerial maneuver, which i usually do only once in a match, if at all. now, on the other hand, lets take a cruiser weight. they have a lot of high flying stuff, but not so many powerbombs or chokeslams. also, based on your character, you cut promos, which will be discussed later.

5. Feuds: normally, you aren't assigned feuds. you pitch them to the guys you want to feud with. if they say no, ask someone else. in my beginning, I had nowhere to go. then i had an idea for a feud where I was hit by an SUV, and returned to fight the driver. not the BEST idea, but we went ahead with it, and it got me noticed by other members here, and was considered for other feuds.

6. Promos: yes, they are a necessary part for the E-Fed, and usually a cluttered section, but we all read them to keep track of current feuds, so we get an idea of who is available to work with. you should keep in mind your character when you are giving a promo. for example, my character is portraying a religious man, who sees himself in a wold of sinners. it would not be a good idea for me to come out all cocky and arrogant, cursing out people. however, a character like Tommy Polo, that would fit like a glove.
EDIT: also, don't take it too seriously if some other guy goes into your promo and bashes you. it is the character, nothing personal (example: the "welcome Wagon" that the Knockaround Boyz roll out on new guys)

7. Profile: some guys here have profiles that give a breakdown of about 50 moves that they like to use. if you are just starting out, this is not a good idea. you can edit it later. however, it is good to take a look at them to get an idea for your personal profile. also, the history part i feel is important. i like it when someone gives a back story better than one or two sentences. it looks more professional.

8. Finishers: these are just what they seem. Finishers. moves designed to end the match, not just as a regular move you hit any time you want. get some buildup to it. you need four, including one submission. can you have more than one submission? damn skippy. but regarding all of them, pick moves that add to your character. looking at my submission, The Final Judgment, it is essentially a sleeper hold because with my character, he isn't going to do anything overly fancy... because he can't. picture Big Show locking in an STF on someone. looks kind of stupid, huh? now, if your character CAN do moves tat require dexterity like that, by all means, do it. and don't just give them their basic name, like "Chokeslam" or "Powerbomb" i think it looks more professional if you give them a name related to your character. for example. Truth has a Spear for a finisher. pretty boring, huh? but he calls it the Truth Injector. it just sounds better. not required, but it looks cool.

9. Wrestling: i can't tell you how to do it, because of the Style reasons, but i can give you some tips and pointers

* Bold your finishers when you hit them. it stands out more
* use Paragraph form. it is easier on the eyes
* extend the post with the commentary
* momentum switches to make the other guy in control are good, as it won't make you look self-centered (put the other guy over sometimes)
* if you are not sure who is going to win, ask your opponent. if he doesn't know, discuss it. IM clients are good, but a good, ol' fashioned PM works good.

10.Competing: now, there is one thing that must be said. check the cards in Xtreme and the PPV's each week to see if you have been placed in a match. to request one, PM Dan (Prototype) about it. otherwise, we will decide when it is our turn to post the cards. as for PPV, these are usually by storyline only, but if you are new, we may throw you in with an unbooked wrestler in the pre-show. this is not meaning you are going to stay in the low-card... it is so you get a feel of UCW. also, DO NOT wait for your opponent to start your match for you. if by dinnertime the day after the card is posted, it is not up... do it yourself. he is waiting for you to start the match.

11. Eligibillity: everyone is elligable to join up and compete, even the women-folk. please spell well, however. I made some mistakes in here, I am sure, but you understand the message.

Good Luck,
AJ (Jim Rourke, 2x Tag Champ, and 1x Heavyweight Champ)

***This was borrowed and edited from SFW on the OWWForums***
Back to top Go down
The Instant Classic
Admin
Admin
The Instant Classic

Male Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Competting in UWC   Guide to Competting in UWC Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Ok well i get it now
Back to top Go down
Prototype
Young talent
Young talent

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Competting in UWC   Guide to Competting in UWC Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:39 am

I knew this would help
Back to top Go down
The Instant Classic
Admin
Admin
The Instant Classic

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Competting in UWC   Guide to Competting in UWC Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:04 am

thanks proto im starting to enjoy this type of efed
Back to top Go down
Prototype
Young talent
Young talent

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Competting in UWC   Guide to Competting in UWC Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:59 am

I knew you would. It's more interactive.
Back to top Go down
The Instant Classic
Admin
Admin
The Instant Classic

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Competting in UWC   Guide to Competting in UWC Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:15 am

Yeah i just dont like how we choose who wins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Competting in UWC   Guide to Competting in UWC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to Competting in UWC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Wrestling Forums :: UWC :: UWC Community-
Jump to: